Friday, August 10, 2007

I Labor In Dung And Dirt

My creative juices have become stagnant
I labor in muck and mud
Struggling, fighting to stay afloat
I’m waiting for my ship to come in
To pull me away to safety
Someone please change the bulb
The lighthouse grows ever so dim
I feel as if I can’t breath
This sludge weighs heavy on my chest
The labor intensifies and I am tense
In pursuit of nothing but boredom
A choice I make but regret making
There’s no turning back
I think my ship passed me by
I go under
The thickness of labor is too strong
I grow weaker and weaker
I can’t survive without moving
This metal roof holds the heat
Beams above me, concrete below me
Mired in paper and computer screens
I scream!
There’s got to be something better
Fresh flowing water, water, water
My mind is drifting
I can’t stay focused anymore
I’ve lost my hair and my dreams
My creative juices have become motionless
I labor in dung and dirt
Struggling, fighting

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.