Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Someday Stand

Stand on the roof and shout
Poor and hungry crying out
Walk out a thousand miles
To see one dying child smile

Scream so the world would know
Jesus Christ really loves them so
Turn your selfish face
Away from mirrors to Gods saving grace

Tell all the boys and girls
God can use them all to change the world
Together stand hand in hand
Show God’s love throughout the land

Tell that He freely shed His blood
How He did it in the name of love
Help the ones with blindness see
A better place waits for you and me

Stand upon the roof and sing
Special praises to my Lord and King
Hold my hands up high and be
Closer to the One who died for me

Do theses things and so much more
For the One I so adore
Be His feet and hands
For the needy all across the land

Someday stand on the roof and shout
No more poor and hungry crying out
Walk together for a thousand miles
To see healthy children smile

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like it could be a song if the right music were put with it.
:)

Steve Conley said...

You're good! Actually, that is what was going through my head. I was singing it :o)

Anonymous said...

You're good, Stevo. A true artist. Thanks for sharing. Dian.