Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Standing Strong

By Steve Conley

Scripture: None

Props: Bible, rope

Cast: Two actors

(Actor 2 is on stage doing some jumping jacks as Actor 1 enters)

Actor 1: Actor 2, what are you doing?

Actor 2: Working out.

Actor 1: Why?

Actor 2: Because God will honor us for standing strong. So I'm working out to get strong.

(Actor 2 lifting up arms to do shoulder presses)

Actor 1: (Waving their hand in front of their face or holding their nose) Oh, you’re getting strong all right!

Actor 2: I know, I'm feeling stronger with every rep I do.

Actor 1: Well how strong do you have to be to stand strong?

Actor 2: I'm not sure. I guess I could see if I'm strong enough right now.

(Actor 2 gets some kids from the audience and plays tug-a-war)

Actor 2: It appears that I need to workout some more. I'm just not there yet.

Actor 1: You might try using this.

(Actor 1 hands Actor 2 a Bible)

Actor 2: Thanks but I think I will stick with the weights.

Actor 1: You need to exercise the mind!

Actor 2: How will that help me to get strong?

Actor 1: What God is saying is that He will honor us for standing strong on values, God's values.

Actor 2: That's just like you. Always thinking about a value.

Actor 1: I'm talking about Godly values. The fruits of the Spirit come to mind. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. We can find value in each one of these.

Actor 2: I'm talking about strength!

Actor 1: So am I. We can find strength in love. We can find strength in joy, peace, kindness self-control. In all of these...

Actor 2; Ok, I get it! The Bible says that God is my strength.

Actor 1: Right. (looks at audience) Honor God and He will honor you.

They exit.

(If you use... Give credit where credit is due)

No comments: